Business Analyst / Financial modeling expert - Amersfoort (hybrid)
Innovative, large scale green hydrogen company
(32-40 hrs/wk – Amersfoort, partly remote)
At Hydrogen Chemistry Company (HyCC) we have a groundbreaking, inspiring approach on large scale green hydrogen production that we believe will change the world. We aim to reach decarbonization goals that thus far seemed impossible in industries like steel, chemical, and aviation. Our electrolysis plants will operate completely remote; service and maintenance are fully outsourced.
Make a difference in sustainability! Your skills and experience come in when generating a clear financial picture of our projects and help accelerate the green energy transition! Continuous improvement is key in your role. Join the most progressive company in the field of green hydrogen, and be part of our successes and growth.
Business Analyst / Financial modeling expert
Your role as Business Analyst / Financial modeling expert
As a Business Analyst / Financial modeling expert you will be providing complex financial model analysis in interactions with a project team, advisers, lenders and investors. Holding a central role in a project team, you will be responsible for keeping the projects’ operational financial models up to date to support decision making. You will ensure the model reflects the latest technical, commercial and macroeconomic status and analyse sensitivies that influence the development of green hydrogen plants worldwide and ultimately the investment decision.
We are growing our commercial team Business Analyst / Financial modeling experts, with a colleague who brings a proven track record in modeling and the ability to build bankable project finance models. It is key to provide critical information which is needed to support the decision making by the Board of Directors of the project companies and enable external financing. As a key part of our team, you will also have close involvement in the management of our portfolio.
- Providing day-to-day financial advice to support the decision making within the project team
- Your involvement in internal tollgate documentation and external project financing documentation will be crucial to the (success of the) project
- You will be able to demonstrate strong skills in relationship management, providing risk analysis, and financial reporting
- You will align on functional model requirements with the business case analyst lead of HyCC and on QA / QC with the HyCC controller
Have you got what it takes?
You have an analytical mind, and strong problem-solving skills. Furthermore, you have a passion for and knowledgeable in sustainability, and business economics. Additionally, you have:
- An academic degree (MSc or PhD) in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, a Technological/Engineering study, or another quantitative/numerical field
- At least 2-3 years of experience gained in an investment management / investment banking / project finance environment or an advisory firm working with financial services clients. Since the core of your work will be complex financial modeling, this is an absolute must have
- You are an expert in Excel, including all kind of statistical and financial functions
- You enjoy working in dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- You are able to demonstrate strong skills in relationship management, providing risk analysis, and financial reporting.
What we offer
HyCC offers the opportunity to be part of one of the most important changes in our society today: To help industries become emission-free. You will join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues who all share a passion to help realize green hydrogen projects to help our society reach the goal of zero emissions by 2050.
HyCC is a scale-up fully dedicated to green hydrogen and backed by two strong shareholders with strong experience in technology development and project financing. This means you will join a team which combines the energy and opportunities of a start-up culture, with the expertise and project development capabilities of a mature company.
Our employment package comprises
- Permanent contract with 2-months probationary period;
- An excellent annual salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- A hybride way of working, based on your preferences;
- Bonus plan;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start at HyCC as Business Analyst / Financial modeling expert?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Ronald van Driel, Recruiter, email@example.com (please do not use when applying).
An online assessment can be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
Keywords Business Analyst / Financial modeling expert
Business case, modelling, modeller, investors, investment banking, banker, investeerder, Excel, statistics, statistieken, financiële modellen, financieel, statistisch, doorrekenen,- economie, HEAO, bedrijfskunde, bedrijfskundig, vacature, econometrie, wiskunde, natuurkunde, scheikunde, proces, industrie, gas, olie, oil, analyses, analist, beslismodel, beslissing, investeren, externe financiering, leverancier, leveranciers, afnemers, samenwerking
Groene waterstof, chemie, energie, energietransitie, H2, milieu, innovatie, carbon, koolstof, technische universiteit, TU Delft, Delft University of Technology, TU Eindhoven, Eindhoven University of Technology, TU Twente, UT University of Twente, environment, industrie, staalindustrie, steel, chemische industrie, luchtvaartindustrie, luchtvaartbranche, aviation, aviation industry, scheepvaarbranche, shipping industry, decarbonization, decarbonisatie, electrolysis, elektrolyse, continuous improvement, project, projects, projecten, sustainable, duurzaam, duurzaamheid, industrial, industrieel, start-up, startup, scale-up, scaleup, science, wetenschap, wetenschappelijk, engineering, oil, olie, gas, techniek, high-tech, hightech