Maintenance and Asset Manager - Amersfoort (hybrid)
Innovative, large scale green hydrogen company
(32-40 hrs/wk – Amersfoort, partly remote)
At Hydrogen Chemistry Company (HyCC) we have a new, inspiring approach on large scale green hydrogen production that could change the world. We aim to reach decarbonization goals that thus far seemed impossible in industries like steel, chemical, and aviation. Our electrolysis plants will operate completely remote; service and maintenance are fully outsourced.
Your skills and experience come in when designing maintenance strategy and the overall asset utilization, reliability and availability. Continuous improvement and work process efficiency are key in your role. Join the most progressive company in the field of green hydrogen, and be part of our successes and growth.
Maintenance and Asset Manager
Fulltime, Amersfoort / partly remote
Your challenge as Maintenance and Asset Manager
Initially you will participate in the development and building of several projects and set-up the foundation and standards related to the maintenance aspects. Meaning you will start with the design and elaboration of maintenance strategy, standardization over the projects and planning. From 2023, you start negotiating the agreement with the main maintenance and operations contractor, in close co-operation with Procurement. The full spread of the role will be reached when we start to operate the first plant in 2024.
Optimizing on short- and long-term maintenance for the overall asset utilization, reliability and availability, and continuous improvement and work process efficiency will be key in all stages of your role.
You will be accountable for ensuring maintenance requirements are incorporated in the project development phase. Meaning that you actively communicate maintenance strategy, deviations, standards, risks and opportunities with the project team, and attend regular project meetings regarding maintenance. In the future you will be accountable for the quality of the maintenance and process safety and asset integrity aspects reported to the management team.
- Ensuring the application of all safety rules for personnel and visitors, including contractors and secure the process safety and asset integrity within operations.
- Improving performance by developing yearly operational improvement plans and setting goals for maintenance performance through establishing KPIs in collaboration with the main maintenance contractor.
- Develops the maintenance strategy and a Long Term Asset Plan (LTAP) for the hydrogen plants to ensure reliability and availability of process equipment and site infrastructure.
- Participate in the development of the automation concept.
- Administering and monitoring contracts for maintenance services efforts and ensure adequate contract management, including contractor selection, induction, supervision and validation.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the overall maintenance work process, training/hiring needs, coaching, and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leading the development of the department annual budgeting process and continuously monitoring performance versus budget; taking necessary actions to achieve committed results .
- Establish the budgets for all the project maintenance deliverables as described in the work process including the maintenance budget for the facility.
- Execute your work according to standardized work processes and continuously drive improvements.
- Ensures criticality reviews and Failure mode Effect & Criticality analysis are executed as basis for preventive maintenance plans and spare philosophy.
- Ensuring availability of up-to-date technical engineering documentation.
HyCC Project Management (HyPM)
- Project role with maintenance scope in projects according the standardized HyCC Project Management method.
- Participate in project reviews.
Management and co-ordination
- Coordinate with various teams to analyze project results and performance.
- Organize the subject matter experts to develop the reliability model outputs and inputs, operating logic and identify the critical decisions to be made from the modeling process.
We are a leading industrial partner for safe and reliable green hydrogen supplies and circular chemistry solutions to enable the transition to zero-carbon industry.
From making sustainable steel to circular jet fuels – we believe that green hydrogen is the key to providing a growing population with essential products, with zero emissions to realize more sustainable economic development.
HyCC is a joint venture of the European electrochemical company Nobian, that brings in technical capabilities in operating large scale electrolysis plants, and Macquarie's Green Investment Group with its project structuring capabilities. Together we have established a corporate scale-up, focused on large capital projects. Over the past years we have been developing a strong portfolio of projects which is expanding rapidly.
The organization is moving to the next phase, is growing and setting itself up for the execution of the existing projects in the pipeline, but also for future growth.
You are a proactive and active problem solver, hands on when required. You feel responsible for the result of your department, are willing to give and receive feedback in a respectful way, and look for collaboration with others, both inside and outside your department.
You are accurate, differentiate your own opinion from facts and you are looking for areas of improvement. A communicator and connector, focused on performance management and the development of your own team. Clear leadership skills: you enjoy leading a team and show active behavior in doing this.
- BSC/MSC level.
- 10+ years of experience, spread over all technical fields within scope of job.
- Have worked in project design on the maintainability aspects.
- Functional experience: have worked in at least 2 parts of the function for an extensive period.
- People management / change management experience: have elaborate managerial experiences.
- Work scope experience: have been exposed to working and impacting at more than one site.
- Management Team experience: have been member of a MT.
What we offer
HyCC offers the opportunity to be part of one of the most important changes in our society today: To help industries become emission-free. You will join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues who all share a passion to help realize green hydrogen projects to help our society reach the goal of zero emissions by 2050.
HyCC is a scale-up fully dedicated to green hydrogen and backed by two strong shareholders with strong experience in technology development and project financing. This means you will join a team which combines the energy and opportunities of a start-up culture, with the expertise and project development capabilities of a mature company.
Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract.
- An excellent annual salary tailored to the job level.
- A hybride way of working, based on your preferences.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to work at HyCC as Maintenance and Asset Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Ronald van Driel, Recruiter, email@example.com (please do not use when applying).
An online assessment can be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
Keywords Maintenance and Asset Manager
Service, onderhoud, maintenance, maintaining, storingen, installaties, assets, fabriek, plant, utilization, gebruik, reliability, betrouwbaarheid, availability, beschikbaarheid, continuous improvement, process, processes, process, processen, efficiency, development, operators, operator, deviations, afwijkingen, safety, veiligheid, integrity, Long Term Asset Plan (LTAP), equipment, apparatuur, machines, material, materieel, infrastructure, infrastructuur, automation, automatisering, robotisering, robotizing, contract management, contractor selection, budgeting, budget, budgettering, performance, prestatie, deliverables, facility, facilities, facilitair, technical engineering
Groene waterstof, chemie, energie, energietransitie, H2, milieu, innovatie, carbon, koolstof, technische universiteit, TU Delft, Delft University of Technology, TU Eindhoven, Eindhoven University of Technology, TU Twente, UT University of Twente, environment, milieu, industrie, staalindustrie, steel, chemische industrie, luchtvaartindustrie, luchtvaartbranche, aviation, aviation industry, scheepvaarbranche, shipping industry, decarbonization, decarbonisatie, electrolysis, elektrolyse, continuous improvement, project, projects, projecten, sustainable, duurzaam, duurzaamheid, industrial, industrieel, start-up, startup, scale-up, scaleup, science, wetenschap, wetenschappelijk, engineering, oil, olie, gas, techniek, high-tech, hightech