Operations Engineer in projects - Amersfoort (hybrid)
Innovative, large scale green hydrogen company
(32-40 hrs/wk – Amersfoort, partly remote)
At Hydrogen Chemistry Company (HyCC) we have a groundbreaking, inspiring approach on large scale green hydrogen production that we believe will change the world. We aim to reach decarbonization goals that thus far seemed impossible in industries like steel, chemical, and aviation. Our electrolysis plants will operate completely remote; service and maintenance are fully outsourced.
Your skills and experience come in when designing, implementing, and – in a later phase - managing the operation of plants. Continuous improvement is key in your role. Join the most progressive company in the field of green hydrogen, founded by leading companies in the field of industrial electrolysis and green energy, and be part of our successes and growth.
Fulltime, Amersfoort / partly remote and on location
Your challenge as Operations Engineer
The key challenge is the ability to translate operational experience into the design of the plants to ensure a safe and efficient plant operation.
To ensure the operability of the to be built plants during the different design stages up to commissioning and start up.
- Ensure operability in design and the necessary infrastructure to support ‘Operations Facility’ activities of HyCC plants.
- To support the operations manager in developing the operations and working procedures for the to be built plant.
- To support the operations manager in developing the competence framework for the operational staff.
- To support the adaption of the HSSE control framework to the plant specific requirements.
- To support the definition of the requirements of the Remote Operations Center control room including tools, activities, and structures.
- To support the project team in preparing for operational readiness for startup and commissioning.
We are a leading industrial partner for safe and reliable green hydrogen supplies and circular chemistry solutions to enable the transition to zero-carbon industry.
From making sustainable steel to circular jet fuels – we believe that green hydrogen is the key to providing a growing population with essential products, with zero emissions to realize more sustainable economic development.
HyCC is a joint venture of the European electrochemical company Nobian, that brings in technical capabilities in operating large scale electrolysis plants, and Macquarie's Green Investment Group with its project structuring capabilities. Together we have established a corporate scale-up, focused on large capital projects. Over the past years we have been developing a strong portfolio of projects which is expanding rapidly.
The organization is moving to the next phase, is growing and setting itself up for the execution of the existing projects in the pipeline, but also for future growth.
You are a proactive flexible self-starter and an active problem solver. You feel responsible for the result of the projects, are willing to give and receive feedback in a respectful way, and look for collaboration with others, both inside and outside your department.
You are accurate, differentiate your own opinion from facts and looking for areas of improvement. A communicator and connector, customer-oriented and deliver the desired result. You think in optimum solutions for the company, are focused on performance management and the delivery of the projects You respect the processes and rules and you actively promote this to others.
- BSc level or thinking level with +10 years with experience in leadership roles in operations.
- Background education as Chemical Engineer, Electrical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
- Business experience: electrolysis operations experience +15 years is preferred and very familiar with permits to works, management of change and LOTOTO.
- People management experience: you have been a hierarchical/functional manager to a team of at least 5 employees for at least 2 years.
- Work scope experience: you have experience with technical engineer projects including; safety studies (HAZID/HAZOP/LOPA); P&ID, datasheets and other technical documents; HSSE control frameworks and writing of operational procedures.
- Languages: Dutch and English verbal and writing, German is a pre.
What we offer
HyCC offers the opportunity to be part of one of the most important changes in our society today: To help industries become emission-free. You will join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues who all share a passion to help realize green hydrogen projects to help our society reach the goal of zero emissions by 2050.
HyCC is a scale-up fully dedicated to green hydrogen and backed by two strong shareholders with strong experience in technology development and project financing. This means you will join a team which combines the energy and opportunities of a start-up culture, with the expertise and project development capabilities of a mature company.
Our employment package comprises
- Permanent contract.
- An excellent annual salary tailored to the job level.
- A hybride way of working, based on your preferences.
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to work at HyCC as Operations Engineer?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Ronald van Driel, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use when applying).
An online assessment can be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
Keywords Operations Engineer in projects
Project, projects, projecten, operation, operations, operational, aansturen, managen, plant, fabriek, safety, security, veiligheid, beveiliging, infrastructure, infrastructuur, requirements, voorwaarden, benodigdheden, specificities, specs, specifications, remote, op afstand, outsourcing, readiness, beschikbaarheid, resultaat, resultaten, deliverables, rules, regelementen, voorschriften, permits, Chemical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, ingenieur, chemie, elektrisch, elektronisch, elektronica, mechatronisch, mechatronica, mechanisch, electrolysis, elektrolyse, industrieel, industrie, industrial, fabriek, plant, LOTOTO, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, P&ID
Groene waterstof, chemie, energie, energietransitie, H2, milieu, innovatie, carbon, koolstof, technische universiteit, TU Delft, Delft University of Technology, TU Eindhoven, Eindhoven University of Technology, TU Twente, UT University of Twente, environment, industrie, staalindustrie, steel, chemische industrie, luchtvaartindustrie, luchtvaartbranche, aviation, aviation industry, scheepvaarbranche, shipping industry, decarbonization, decarbonisatie, electrolysis, elektrolyse, continuous improvement, project, projects, projecten, sustainable, duurzaam, duurzaamheid, industrial, industrieel, start-up, startup, scale-up, scaleup, science, wetenschap, wetenschappelijk, engineering, oil, olie, gas, techniek, high-tech, hightech