Process Development Engineer - Amersfoort (hybrid)
Innovative, large scale green hydrogen company
(32-40 hrs/wk – Amersfoort, partly remote)
At Hydrogen Chemistry Company (HyCC) we have a groundbreaking, inspiring approach on large scale green hydrogen production that we believe will change the world. We aim to reach decarbonization goals that thus far seemed impossible in industries like steel, chemical, and aviation. Our electrolysis plants will operate completely remote; service and maintenance are fully outsourced.
Your skills and experience come in when further developing our technology. Join the most progressive company in the field of green hydrogen, founded by leading companies in the field of industrial electrolysis and green energy, and be part of our successes and growth.
Process Development Engineer
Fulltime, Amersfoort / partly remote
Your challenge as Process Development Engineer
As a Process Development Engineer, you bring vital expertise in the fields of design, efficiency, innovation, process safety and risk management to our projects and organization. You work closely together with the business representative to help translate the customer view into functional requirements for the engineering team. In this way, you help realize projects for a range of large industries to help them become more sustainable. When the installations are commissioned you help to setup operational procedures that ensure the safe operations.
- Feasibility studies and conceptual design development for new projects
- Development of functional design specification and technology selection
- Process safety of the design and quality of HAZID and HAZOP in projects
- Gathering customers specifications for new projects and translating them into project requirements
- Setting functional specification and technical standards and requirements for technology suppliers
- Standardization of project development
- Review and optimize operating procedures and automation sequences based on process analysis and definition of improvement projects
We are a leading industrial partner for safe and reliable green hydrogen supplies and circular chemistry solutions to enable the transition to zero-carbon industry.
From making sustainable steel to circular jet fuels – we believe that green hydrogen is the key to providing a growing population with essential products, with zero emissions to realize more sustainable economic development.
HyCC is a joint venture of the European electrochemical company Nobian, that brings in technical capabilities in operating large scale electrolysis plants, and Macquarie's Green Investment Group with its project structuring capabilities. Together we have established a corporate scale-up, focused on large capital projects. Over the past years we have been developing a strong portfolio of projects which is expanding rapidly.
The organization is moving to the next phase, is growing and setting itself up for the execution of the existing projects in the pipeline, but also for future growth.
As Process Development Engineer, you are a team player in a multi-disciplinary team as well as in technology. You are an out-of-the-box thinker and you have analytical skills.
To successfully execute the role, you further bring along:
- Process technology MSc or PhD degree or equivalent
- Preferably 10 years of experience in the field of technology, engineering and project development
- Clear understanding of the business drivers and are able to relate to business counterpart
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English (proficiency in Dutch and or German is a plus).
What we offer
HyCC offers the opportunity to be part of one of the most important changes in our society today: To help industries become emission-free. You will join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues who all share a passion to help realize green hydrogen projects to help our society reach the goal of zero emissions by 2050.
HyCC is a scale-up fully dedicated to green hydrogen and backed by two strong shareholders with strong experience in technology development and project financing. This means you will join a team which combines the energy and opportunities of a start-up culture, with the expertise and project development capabilities of a mature company.
Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract;
- An excellent annual salary tailored to the job level;
- A hybride way of working, based on your preferences;
- Attractive bonus scheme;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to work at HyCC as Process Development Engineer?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Ronald van Driel, Recruiter, email@example.com (please do not use when applying).
An online assessment can be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.