Renewable Energy Sourcing Manager - Amersfoort (hybrid)
Do you want to make a difference in sustainability?
At HyCC, we are committed to one vision: To enable the full decarbonization of industry and the transition to a truly circular economy. We do this by providing large-scale supplies of green hydrogen, used to help some of the largest emitting industries such as steel, chemistry, and aviation, become truly emission-free.
We are looking for an experienced energy trader who has what it takes to drive our business forward and help accelerate the green energy transition!
Renewable Energy Sourcing Manager
Your challenge as Renewable Energy Sourcing Manager
As a Renewable Energy Sourcing Manager, you are responsible to source the renewable power for our growing portfolio of green hydrogen (and circular chemistry) production plants. You will also enable the valorization of flexibility from our electrolyzers.
You will secure competitive renewable power through commercial negotiations, bringing ideas and advice to impact and value. We are looking for a team player with proven track record in negotiating long term power purchase agreements and the ability to be a trustworthy and reliable sparring partner for our business. You will help connect outside developments in the energy domain to our HyCC team and the projects to create new opportunities and value for both our business and our customers.
- Manage and negotiate multi-year renewable power agreements for our projects;
- Manage shorter term positions on day-ahead and balancing markets;
- Perform energy market analysis / intelligence on short and long-term;
- Represent HyCC in power trade organization meetings;
- Monitor national and international legislation and developments on (renewable) power and the potential impact on HyCC’s project development pipeline.
Have you got what it takes?
You have a passion for and knowledgeable in sustainability, structured origination and portfolio optimisation. As a Renewable Energy Sourcing Manager, you are creative and focused on “getting things done”. Additionally, you have:
- Education: HBO / Academic, preferably with an economical/technical background;
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant working experience in energy companies or renewable developers;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Proven experience in negotiating and closing PPAs.
- Experience in valorising flexibility in power balancing markets;
- Good understanding of power markets and regulations;
- Accurate and timely in reporting.
What we offer
HyCC offers the opportunity to be part of one of the most important changes in our society today: To help industries become emission-free. You will join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues who all share a passion to help realize green hydrogen projects to help our society reach the goal of zero emissions by 2050.
HyCC is a scale-up fully dedicated to green hydrogen and backed by two strong shareholders with strong experience in technology development and project financing. This means you will join a team which combines the energy and opportunities of a start-up culture, with the expertise and project development capabilities of a mature company.
Our employment package comprises:
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- Permanent contract with 2-months probationary period;
- A hybride way of working, based on your preferences, part-time possible;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start your career at HyCC as Renewable Energy Sourcing Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Ronald van Driel, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use when applying).
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.