Senior Project Manager - Amersfoort / Project location
Are you a Senior Project Manager with experience in the development and construction of industrial plants (chemical, energy),? And do you have minimum of 15 years’ Project Management experience, including experience with Lump Sum Turnkey Contracting? And do you want to work at one of the most progressive companies in the field of green hydrogen? Then we are looking for you.
Senior Project Manager
Fulltime, Amersfoort / Project Location
Your challenge as Senior Project Manager
HyCC is developing and delivering a portfolio of hydrogen projects under a non-recourse project financing model. The Senior Project Manager (PM) will be assigned to one or more projects (depending on their phase of development and the associate project management effort) to prepare, lead, execute and deliver best in class Capex Projects to add value to HyCC. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for safely managing projects to ensure the appropriate use of technical and human resources to achieve on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
- Demonstrate visible and felt HSSE leadership by communicating a clear vision, setting and championing challenging performance goals and consistently demonstrating the importance of HSSE through personal involvement, visibility, decisions and actions;
- Prepare, lead, execute and deliver best in class Capex Projects, safely and within defined scope, schedule, budget and quality;
- Select, lead and develop a multidisciplinary owner’s organization with focus on Project Management, Contract Management and key technical areas (technology and electrical);
- Ensure compliance to Company Directives; apply and adhere to HyCC’s Project Management Methodology (HyPM);
- Accountable for Project Delivery from FEL-3 phase onwards. During the early phases of the project the Senior Project Manager provides support to the Business Representative (who is accountable until completion of FEL-2).
- Project Initiation: Identify and analyze business needs, stakeholders and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives. Ensure a balanced effort between technical work and commercial / business development progress through full alignment with the Business Representative;
- Project Plan: formulate the project plan, ensure procurement involvement, define project execution and delivery model (considering the financing model), determine budget and required resources, clarify role and involvement level of team members, and acquire approval;
- Project Execution: coordinate, monitor and manage project activities, manage, and mitigate project risks, issues, changes and deviations and resources and take corrective actions when necessary. Build a comprehensive set of retrievable and broadly accessible project documentation incl. reporting;
- Project Delivery & Closure: ensure start-up of facility including defined Site Acceptance and Performance Tests and hand over to operations, evaluate and close project, identify and analyze lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to operations and/or line management;
- Project Governance and Methodology: contribute to setting up / improvement of Project Management systems and procedures within HyCC;
- Relations Management: build, maintain and utilize a network of in- and external stakeholders / partners and represent the project within the organization;
- Project Information: provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical progress, financial, risk and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to the Project Champion and the project Steering Committee;
- People Management and Development: attract, (functionally) lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent;
- Negotiations: negotiate, strategically, technically and financially consulted by procurement with external parties, acquire approval and/or close contracts/SLA’s and monitor compliance with contracts/SLA’s.
Summary of HyCC
HyCC is formed as separate business of Nobian and Green Investment Group (www.HyCC.com), with a clear focus on developing large scale green hydrogen and circular carbon projects to support the decarbonization of the hard to abate sectors. Leveraging the core technical capabilities of Nobian in operating large scale electrolysis plants and Green Investment Group’s project structuring capabilities, we have established a corporate scale-up, focused on large capital projects. Over the past years we have been developing a strong portfolio of projects and this is still expanding.
The organization is moving to the next phase, is growing and setting itself up for the execution of the existing projects in the pipeline, but also for future growth.
- Master level qualification in preferably process or mechanical engineering or related disciplines;
- Proven experience (min. 15 years) of managing and driving delivery in the Front-End Development and Execution Phase of similar projects (multi-disciplinary process plants >50M Euro);
- Experience with EPC/Lump Sum Turnkey Contracting;
- Relevant content experience in multiple units of chemical plants, disciplines, locations (cultures – international environment) and/or other companies;
- Demonstrated Contract Management and Contract Negotiation experience;
- Fluent in English (Dutch and German preferred);
- Experience with Project-financed projects.
What we offer
HyCC offers the opportunity to be part of one of the most important changes in our society today: To help industries become emission-free. You will join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues who all share a passion to help realize green hydrogen projects to help our society reach the goal of zero emissions by 2050.
HyCC is a scale-up fully dedicated to green hydrogen and backed by two strong shareholders with strong experience in technology development and project financing. This means you will join a team which combines the energy and opportunities of a start-up culture, with the expertise and project development capabilities of a mature company.
Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract;
- An excellent annual salary tailored to the job level;
- A hybride way of working, based on your preferences;
- Attractive bonus scheme;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to work at HyCC as Senior Project Manager
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Ronald van Driel, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not use when applying).
An online assessment can be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.